The Green Gardener Training Program is a ten-week series of classes that provides professionals with a foundation of knowledge and training on the following topics:
River-Friendly Landscaping Principles
Mulches and Compost
Water Efficient Irrigation (3 classes)
Right Plant in the Right Place
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
Pruning for Plant Health
Fertilizers & Turf Care
Why become a Qualified River-Friendly Green Gardener Professional?
The qualified Green Gardener conscientiously adheres to the River-Friendly Landscape Guidelines and will have successfully completed intensive training.
- Gain a competitive advantage by being a part of this dynamic green industry movement.
- Be qualified to respond to the increased need for professionals trained in environmentally-responsible principles and practices for the changing California landscape.
- Receive recognition in public outreach opportunities, including the opportunity to be listed on the EcoLandscaper™ Professional Referral List.
- Identify yourself as a Green Gardener and ultimately an EcoLandscaper, and use the official titles and logos to promote your services and qualifications.
- Reduce pesticide use, minimize runoff, and prevent pollution for a healthier landscape and environment for you and your clients.
- Diversify services and communicate your water-efficient landscaping practices to clients and employers.
Classes will be held at the Sacramento Tree Foundation 191 Lathrop Way, Suite D, Sacramento, California on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. For more information or to register go to the Ecolandscape California webpage.